A veneer is a thin tooth-coloured shell placed on the front of a tooth to improve the appearance of discoloured, irregularly shaped or damaged teeth. They are usually fitted to the front upper and lower teeth, and made from ceramic, porcelain or a composite material.
Veneers offer a minimally invasive way to transform a tooth as only a very thin layer of enamel is removed (if any) prior to fitting.
Many people are discouraged by the perfect ‘American Smile’. However, veneers are tailor made to each individual’s’ specific requirements, meaning we can deliver a more realistic result.
- A full assessment of your dental health and requirements is taken.
- We carefully plan your smile using photos and digital imaging. From this a proposed wax smile is created.
- If necessary, your teeth will be prepared in accordance to the diagnostic wax set up.
- Temporary veneers are placed which mimic the proposed final result. We can adjust these until you are pleased.
- This are then copied into a glass like pressed porcelain which very closely resemble real teeth.
- These are then carefully bonded on to the front surface of the teeth.